Manage Driver Safety Metrics
Driver scorecards provide a summary of your drivers’ performance and give you a big picture view of your company’s safety performance on the road. Driver Scorecards rely on fleet telematics data and sensors from your vehicles equipped with GPS fleet trackers to report driver behaviors like idling, speeding, rapid acceleration and hard braking.
Tenna’s driver scorecard, which is part of the Safety & Compliance feature, is a driver management tool that incorporates technology and information that will support and enhance your company safety program. Our driver scorecards are an easy-to-understand method of driver behavior monitoring and incentivizing drivers to be aware of their tendencies and drive carefully. Your team can assess driver scorecards to identify behavioral trends that contribute to safety incidents on the road to help identify safety goals and areas for your drivers to focus on improving. With safer and more conscious vehicle operation, you also improve the overall health of your fleet vehicles.
How Driver Scorecards Work
Set your Thresholds and Grading Criteria
- Associate vehicles and drivers to your Driver Scorecard program.
- Set the metrics you want to monitor such as idling, speeding and hard braking.
- Assign point values including deductions and bonuses.
Observe Scorecards based on each Trip
- See trip events and violations from each trip at the street-view level on the map, including the posted speed limit at the violation location.
- Measure individual employee driving routines and behaviors and rank drivers across their team.
- Identify safe performance or areas for improvement for each driver focus to on.
Monitor Trends and Improvements
- Maintain visibility into daily individual driver safety performance with total violation counts captured for each vehicle and truck.
- Easily spot driving trends and insights across your team that contribute to safety violations or excessive vehicle wear and tear.
- Reduce instances of speeding or hard braking over time to improve safety metrics.
- Report on fuel, mileage and performance-related fleet telematics metrics to improve fleet operation and efficiencies and overall vehicle health.
- Maintain visibility into collective ongoing company safety performance.
"With the insights we got from Tenna’s Driver Scorecard feature, we made business decisions to change our vehicle policy and save on our overall vehicle and insurance costs."
Owner, KCC Construction
Benefits of Driver Scorecards
Increased Compliance and Safety
- Improve visibility over driver behavior and safety with driver performance tracking.
- Coach your teams collaboratively and with accountability based on trends revealed on scorecards.
- Promote awareness and compliance with company procedures and safety culture.
- Incentivize and engage drivers to improve individually and contribute to a strong company safety record.
- Improve visibility over operations and safety performance.
- Identify safety hazards or potential performance issues in advance of operation.
- Reduce risk of safety incidents.
- Reduce operating costs and avoid costly breakdowns, malfunctions or fines.
- Improve asset performance and utilization.
- Reduce risk of costly on road accidents, violations and claims.
- Streamline processes for thorough completion and improve record keeping and documentation.
- Reduce insurance premiums with documented safety tracking programs.
- Win more work with an improved safety record.
Learn more about Tenna’s Driver Scorecard functionality and the value it brings to your safety program.
Visualize Your Fleet in Action
Schedule a Demo