Team Lead, Software Engineering
Remote - Nationwide
We take pride that our roots are in the construction industry. With this experience and knowledge, we have built a platform that revolutionizes construction equipment fleet operations. We provide innovative solutions to customers looking for competitive ways to better manage and track their assets such as heavy and light equipment, large fleets, tools, and materials.
At Tenna, we believe the best is right in front of all of us, and that each day holds more potential than the one before. We believe that every new discovery can lead to something better than we thought possible.
When we boil it down, the top five qualities that define the Tenna Team are quality obsessed, gritty, continuous learners, collaborative problem solvers, and just plain awesome. Sound like you? Join us as we empower our customers to control their mixed assets anytime, anywhere, on one comprehensive platform.
We’re seeking a Software Engineering Team Lead to help us build the second iteration of our connected equipment solution. The Software Engineering Team Lead will be a forward and innovative thinker, an excellent communicator, experienced with transformative projects, and possesses a passion for the IoT revolution. As Software Engineering Team Lead, you will lead a small team of engineers, be part of a highly collaborative development process, design/write leading-edge code, and join on the ground floor of the re-architecture of Tenna’s product line. Interested in joining our Software Engineering Team? Apply now!
- Leads and provides technical mentorship and direction to a small team of software engineers. Conducts pull request reviews to ensure security, stability, performance, and readability.
- Scopes and defines work regardless of perceived ambiguity or degree of clarity.
- Writes lots of bug-free, efficient, scalable, and reusable code.
- Designs and develops components and features with performance and scalability in mind.
- Builds API’s and web applications that can handle complex data efficiently.
- Unit tests and takes responsibility for the quality of your own code and the code of your team.
- Decomposes monolithic applications into more modern microservices.
- Provides input on our architecture, databases, and APIs.
- Consults with product managers to define, scope and plan new features.
- Consults with senior leadership concerning corporate direction and strategic planning.
- Works with QA to ensure that cohesive, quality, usable solutions are produced.
- Tests, evaluates, and recommends technologies to improve our overall solutions.
- Is a key participant in our agile development process.
- Produces excellent documentation.
- 10+ years professional development experience.
- 2+ years’ experience successfully providing technical direction to engineers.
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science required, or equivalent experience.
- Substantial experience with web development in at least one of Java, C#, or Python.
- Substantial experience with SQL; experience with NoSQL is a plus.
- Experience with Node.js, especially in microservices, is highly preferred.
- Experience with containerized application deployments, especially using Docker, is highly preferred.
- Experience with large-scale data systems is highly preferred.
- Has a passion for decomposing monolithic applications into more modern microservices.
- Experience with message queueing architectures, especially RabbitMQ, is preferred.
- Experience with Amazon Web Services, especially EC2, S3, VPC, Elasticsearch, and Kinesis.
- Any IoT experience is a huge plus.
- Intimately familiar with the fundamentals of computer science and software architecture.
- Can design and build an application from whiteboard sketches and design meetings.
Benefits, Perks, & Additional Information:
- Full-time opportunity.
- Opportunity is fully remote – nationwide.
- Competitive compensation package.
- This role offers relocation assistance.
- Robust, low-cost benefit packages offered.
- Benefit coverage begins the first date of employment.
- 401k match offered.
- Visa sponsorship offered.
- Employee referral bonuses