Business Development Representative
Edison, New Jersey
We take pride that our roots are in the construction industry. With this experience and knowledge, we have built a platform that revolutionizes construction equipment fleet operations. We provide innovative solutions to customers looking for competitive ways to better manage and track their assets such as heavy and light equipment, large fleets, tools, and materials.
At Tenna, we believe the best is right in front of all of us, and that each day holds more potential than the one before. We believe that finding every new discovery can lead to something better than we thought possible.
When we boil it down, the top five qualities that define the Tenna Team are - we are quality obsessed, gritty, continuous learners, collaborative problem solvers, and just plain awesome. Sound like you? Join us as we empower our customers to control their mixed assets anytime, anywhere, on one comprehensive platform.
Tenna is searching for a Business Development Representative to work closely with the Business Development Team. The Business Development Representative is our first touch-point with construction companies looking to increase productivity and efficiency using technology. Business Development Representatives play a vital role in advancing the value and excitement behind our technology solutions by serving as the initial touch-point with potential clients and building our sales pipeline. If you are passionate about building relationships, solving problems, and working in a collaborative, team environment, we are looking for you!
- Conducts thorough, targeted searches and queries to research, qualify, and generate sales leads
- Builds and cultivates relationships with prospects by initiating communications via phone and/or email with new business prospects
- Qualifies leads generated from marketing campaigns and strategic outreach
- Vets inbound communications from potential clients
- Facilitates smooth, warm transfers of quality opportunities to Sales Reps and schedules appointments when appropriate
- Utilizes a consultative approach to quickly identify a company’s “pain points” and use case to assess potential fit
- Demonstrates a firm understanding of the client. Knows the customer's requirements, goals, and concerns
- Understands the product inside and out. Can clearly and concisely articulate the value of the product to prospective customers
- Prioritizes deadlines to effectively meet Marketing and Sales Team goals
- Creates outbound email campaigns using CRM software and analyzes results
- Maintains accuracy and cleanliness of CRM system according to team best practices
- 1+ years’ experience selling software to the construction or related industries
- 1+ years’ experience with developing leads from marketing campaigns and meeting sales quotas
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Communications or other business-related majors strongly preferred
- Experience using Sales Force and HubSpot is strongly preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills, particularly around managing information
- Interest in a career in lead generation, business development and client growth
- Self-motivated and adaptable, with a strong service orientation and “do what it takes” attitude
- Willingness to roll up your sleeves and do whatever is necessary
- Deadline driven with a high sense of urgency. Is a hard worker.
- Diligent, thorough and detail oriented
- Passion for working in a high-growth, entrepreneurial environment, with the ability to demonstrate personal commitment and drive to set and exceed high standards
What you need to know:
- Opportunities for growth and personal development within highly dynamic team
- Location: Remote, nationwide.
- Compensation includes base salary plus competitive, uncapped commission plan
- Robust, low-cost benefit packages offered
- Benefit coverage begins the first date of employment
- 401k match
- Dependent Care offered