Edison, New Jersey
We take pride that our roots are in the construction industry. With this experience and knowledge, we have built a platform that revolutionizes construction equipment fleet operations. We provide innovative solutions to customers looking for competitive ways to better manage and track their assets such as heavy and light equipment, large fleets, tools, and materials.
At Tenna, we believe the best is right in front of all of us, and that each day holds more potential than the one before. We believe that every new discovery can lead to something better than we thought possible.
When we boil it down, the top five qualities that define the Tenna Team are quality obsessed, gritty, continuous learners, collaborative problem solvers, and just plain awesome. Sound like you? Join us as we empower our customers to control their mixed assets anytime, anywhere, on one comprehensive platform.
Tenna is searching for a Hardware Engineer to work closely with the Hardware Development Team. The Hardware Engineer will play a vital role assisting in the R&D of IoT hardware, our trackers, and networks including cellular and GPS. You will also play a key role in data collection/analysis to enhance GPS tracking performance and device capabilities. If you are passionate about building relationships, solving problems, empowering companies utilizing data, and working in a team environment, we are looking for you – apply now!
- Conducts searches and queries to research, qualify, and develop new trackers.
- Assists in tracker installations in the field.
- Collects data on tracker performance statistics in the field and on the workbench.
- Quantifies factors that may impact tracker performance and installation success.
- Develops hardware bill of materials, including accessories.
- Assists in the set-up and maintenance of the R&D Test Lab.
- Utilizes a consultative approach to quickly identify tracker performance issues.
- Works with the Software Development Team and Customer Success Department to implement and troubleshoot new products.
- Keeps internal documentation and processes current
- Prioritizes deadlines to effectively meet Hardware Department specific goals.
- Completed ad hoc projects as needed.
- 2+ years of hardware engineering experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Design, Information Technology, Economics, or related STEM degree program is required or equivalent.
- Familiarity with circuitry, antennas, and circuit boards.
- Familiarity with hand tools and soldering.
- Prior knowledge of GPS and Cellular networks.
- Technical aptitude to perform field installations and troubleshooting.
- Self-motivated and adaptable person with a strong service orientation and “do what it takes” attitude.
- Action oriented and results driven.
- Excellent verbal and written communication abilities: must effectively communicate with technical and non-technical people.
- Ability to prioritize workload with the leadership team and communicate status and risks to delivery effectively, without fail.
- Flexible, ability to deal with ambiguity.
- Strong analytical thinking, problem solving, and decision-making abilities.
- Detail Oriented, particularly around data collection.
What you need to know
- Full-time opportunity.
- Location: Hybrid – mixture of remote and in-person work in Edison, NJ.
- Competitive compensation packages offered.
- Opportunities for growth and personal development within highly dynamic team.
- Robust, low-cost benefit packages offered.
- Benefit coverage begins the first date of employment.
- Dependent Care offered.
- 401k match.
- Employee referral bonuses.